Who let me be a parent!? I literally have been thinking this multiple times a day lately. I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing. I just pray for the grace to keep my kids alive and hopefully they won’t need therapy when they are older.
Here are 6 things I have learned in the last 48 hours:
1. I am 90% more productive if I get dressed first thing in the morning. Not after breakfast, but right away.
2. Insurance sucks. But it pays to make phone calls. I have saved a few hundred dollars this week and it feels good.
3. Lily loves her jumparoo. She will literally jump for an hour straight. I can get stuff done, and it also wears her out so she will go to bed earlier than 10pm. (see below)
4. Whenever Timothy is quiet, he is stuffing his face with food he shouldn’t be – like chocolate or graham crackers or my coffee.
5. Do not wear white shorts to the park. Or to the pool. Probably never while you have young children.
6. I feel much better about myself and the world when I am clean. I need to shower often.
Yesterday was our 3 year anniversary. Nate worked for 10 hours then we picked up my car from the shop, had leftovers for dinner and were in bed by 9pm. Good thing we went out last Saturday. Things change in 3 years!